Every day we make countless choices. What to wear, what to eat, where to go on holiday, which baked beans to buy, who to sit next to on the bus maybe? Choice s choices choices! But do you sometimes find yourself in a situation where you just cant make a choice about something really important? How can we be sure we are are making the right choice? There’s no right or wrong answer because it depends on you and your circumstances. Sometimes you can’t get someone else to make the decision for you and your stuck in a state of analysis paralysis when you really need to just make the choice and go with it.
Heres are 5 steps you can take to help you make the right choice for you .
- Always focus on the end game . What is it you are trying to achieve? Does the choice you’re making fit in to this? If you’re not sure what the end game is, at least think about what you don’t want it to be .
- Visualise life after the choice has been made. What does it look like? How do you feel ? this should give you a sense of what might be the right choice .
- Surround yourself with people who can act as sounding boards. But look beyond close family and friends, for people you can ask for advice, and be sure to listen to them when they challenge your assumptions.
- Don’t always think logically. Try listening to what your instincts and intuition tell you.
- Avoid hesitating for too long. Make a decision – go with it and be happy you are treading a new path.
Good Luck !