I’ve never met a person who didn’t wish they had a couple of extra hours each day to get things done. The secret to conquering this dilemma is to look at exactly how you are currently using your time.
It’s important to also ask yourself how you set boundaries on how your time is spent. By setting boundaries, you’re able to shed some light on how much of your time is eaten up by time wasting activities. Setting boundaries also allows you to keep yourself on track to accomplishing your goals.
Here are a few strategies that will help you make the most of your daily hours:
- Organize your workload before you start. Once you lay out all of your to-dos, you’ll be able to determine how to best create time slots each day to get it all done.
- Only allow yourself access to email or social media at certain times of the day. Turn off message alerts so that you’re not tempted to check each and every time a message chimes in.
- Set your phone calls to go straight to your voicemail. Let your callers know you will get back to them as soon as it is convenient.
- Stick to set business hours. This will prevent you from getting sucked into doing things during your off time or while your family needs you. you have a life!
- Schedule each day for the entire week. Once you get used to doing certain things on a specific weekday, you’re less likely to forget to do the repetitive tasks.
- Take care of other chores before you start your work day so that you don’t have that added pressure lingering over you during business hours when you should be focusing on work.
No matter what route you choose to take when it comes to managing your time, make sure you stick to the boundaries you set. Otherwise the same old time sucking habits will creep back into your life.